Friday, January 27, 2017

Create Mirror Features in Fusion 360

In this blog post, I'm going to review Mirror. A review of the design of this part below, notices that we are missing a fairly important feature on the other side.


See this?


Now take a look here:

 

So what I need to do is create it. I could go through the same Workflow, but it's much easier to create a Mirror.

I have a number of options under Construct, and I'm going to be selecting Midplane.


I'm going to be creating a Midplane between that face and the face on the other side.


There, you can see that the plane has been created.

 

Orbit a little bit.

 

Over to the Browser under Contruction, we can see the name of the plane. In this case it is Plane4.

 

Next, what I want to do is go to Create and then Mirror.


In the Mirror dialog, I can change the Pattern Type. In this particular case, the Default Faces is fine.


So, select what I want to Mirror. Use the Shift key to select any number of objects. Now, select the Mirror Plane, and that was that Midplane that I created. Click on OK.


Go back to the Construction folder in the Browser and turn off the visibility of that plane. Click on the Yellow Light Bulb to make it White.


Let's just orbit that. Rotate that around and you can see that the Mirror has been created.




No comments: