Thursday, February 16, 2017

Patterns in Fusion 360

In this how to blog post, we are going to review patterns. I am using the part called Pattern 1 located in the DT SHARE project, and you can see the features have come across. You will notice that it is similar but not exactly the same as the one used in the video. But that's okay.


One of those features is under CREATE called Pattern. Three options there, Rectangular, Circular and Pattern on Path.


Under Pattern we're going to be selecting Rectangular Pattern.

I'm going to select that hole.


Then the Directions. I'm going to select that top horizontal edge.

 

I am now going to click on the RIGHT option of the View Cube.

 

There are a couple of ways of defining the patterns.

 

You can actually drag that out, you'll be able to see the center points being defined of each of the holes.

 

I know the video has its own values. Let's focus on what we have here but feel free to enter values that make sense in your own model.

The center distances 20 mm and 3 is correct for vertical direction.

 

The center distances 22 mm and 3 is correct for horizontal direction.

 

I could have put the values in the dialog box as well. And click OK to complete the pattern.

 


I am now going to click on the HOME option of the View Cube.


Now, I will make use of the model called Pattern 2 in the DT SHARE project. I want to create a circular.


So out of all these features, I want to select that hole. Go to CREATE, Pattern, and this time Circular Pattern.


I can select the feature (Object) inside of the Browser or in this case from the Graphics Window.


Select the axis, use that outside circle.

 

I am now going to click on the RIGHT option of the View Cube.


And again we can dynamically define how many we want. For this example we will use 4.


Counter clockwise lowers it, clockwise increases it. Click on OK to create the circular pattern.

 

I'm now going to click on the HOME option of the View Cube.

 

No comments: